- Carol was born in Hollywood, California, in 1937. She was raised in Los Angeles before moving to the island of Guam at age 10, graduating from high school there, and returning during college summer months. She has two older sisters, one in California and one in Kenya. Their mother and father were married 65 years.
- Carol attended UCLA and was a member of Gamma Phi Beta sorority. It was there she met Jack, a basketball player for Coach John Wooden. They were married two weeks before leaving for Dallas Theological Seminary in August 1957.
- She was a homemaker while raising four sons, Mark, Brian, David (“Arny”) and Dean. She has 12 grandchildren, six are married, and one is expecting her first great-grandchild.
- Active in church work while a pastor’s wife in four churches (Kingsburg, California; Roanoke, Virginia; Greenville, South Carolina and Orlando, Florida).
- Presently she is an instructor with Equipping Pastors International—a missions organization founded by her husband in 1997 to train and equip pastors and their wives, mainly in developing countries around the world.
- Carol has traveled and taught in every continent (Australia, Germany, Mexico, Belize, Brazil, Ecuador, Egypt, China, India, Jordan and 8 countries in Africa), speaking at conferences, retreats and seminars to both pastors and their wives of all denominations, as well as to church women throughout the US.
- Husband, Dr. Jack L. Arnold, died January 9, 2005, while preaching in his home church, Covenant PCA on his life verse, Phil. 1:21: “For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain.” His last words were, “. . and when I go to heaven. . ”
- Author of “The Liberation of a Resentful Wife” and “Devoted Wife, Liberated Widow—featuring Vonette Bright.” (www.CarolsBooks.com)
- She began painting in 2014 her favorite subject—trees.